Thursday, November 18, 2010

What A Raya Celebration

I celebrated Eid Adha this year in Bandung. This is the third of five time celebrating here. I didn't cook anything and it was a big big mistake. Well, I didn't even wake up early. I just didn't feel it.

The morning, I woke up I was very hungry and I feel so sad, cause I miss home, I miss my family, I miss all the good foodies at home. Mom cooked soto, which is one of my favorite. How sad is that, you just can't have it. All I had for breakfast was family cracker and hot milo with some friends.

Since they're having makan2 at night, so I helped them to do some work. Chilies, onions, carrots bla bla bla. *kerja dapur* LOL! and in the afternoon, I have this one lovely friend, A, let me come to her house for lunch. She and her friends cooked nasi impit + chicken soup. It was delicious. Thank you very much :)

Back at home, the ladies just done with the cooking. So makan again. They cooked bihun sup, fried rice, mashed potato with the gravy, coleslaw, and some desserts. Did I miss anything here? hmm.. I don't remember.

The makan2 actually started at 4 and they had BBQ too. Chicken, fish, squid and shrimp. Makan whole day and I was very full.

We were when we still in nice dry clothes.

And the game started with these boys.

Then, they started to drag the girls

Most all of them were soaked.

And some of them got a hat made from watermelon..
I didn't join them cause I've just raised the Japan's flag earlier. Hmm.. if you know what I mean.
I wanna go home mommy, please...

Pssst: I won't upload the pics in my fb because I don't want any complain from you'll about how ugly you look in the picture or you might think you look "friggin sexy" in wet or some of you might bring up the issue about people not wearing any t-shirt, aurat or whatnot. It's just too bored to hear that. If you want the pics, just give me your flashdisk.

2 comments:

  1. Nice one meen.....couldnt have appreciated a well read blog....actually to say,been long since I had a peak on ppl's writing.....

    ReplyDelete